So does Sun Java 1.4.1 work with mdk 9.0?

Guest namaste1

Guest namaste1

Are you running Sun Java with mdk 9.0? I have tried to install it, but mozilla always crashes when I try to load site with java applet.

Is the problem still gcc 3.2?

I quess Sun should compile java with 3.2 in order it to work with mdk 9.0....

Guest stevn_s

I tried JRE SE 1.41 and use mozilla 1.1 and any site I went to that used Java caused my mozilla to go blank and repeatedly restarted my gnome session. So to answer the question... no, in my experience it doesnt work yet.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the topic is slightly misleading.

Java SDK 1.4.1 and JRE does work with Mandrake 9.0. Same with Java EE. It's just Mozilla which has problems with the java runtime plugin.

• 4 months later...

With my older mozilla's(think 1.2) I had the problem that mozilla closed when I opened a page that used java(not javascript...).

It was my fault. I had to make a symlink in mozilla/plugins to java.../jre/.../plugins/ns610(or something)/libjava....

In any xase directley to the plugin for java in the javadirectory and not like I did(I copied the plugin first to a directory where all my plugins where located).

Now I have mozilla 1.4a and it works also fine with the above method. I have now 1.4.1_02 and previously I had 1.4.0 I believe (with mozilla 1.2).

Java mostly works for me but I'm in the middle of a Java programming module and the code doesn't seem to be all that portable so I'm mostly coding in Windows. Anyone else have similar problems?

Edit: I should say that MY code has proved not to be portable.

Phunni is taking a look at it for me!