Ultra Newbie Quandry

Guest bgrivrs

Guest bgrivrs

:wall: Totally new to Linux, but learning quickly. I am trying to install GPRS Easy Connect in Mandriva

2005LE. The program tells me I need the following dependencies installed before the program will

install-Compress-Zlib-1.34-->ExtUtils-Depends-0.205-->ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.07-->

Glib-1.081-->Gtk2-1.081-->Gtk2-TrayIcon-0.03-->

Gnome2-VFS-1.021-->Gnome2-Canvas-1.002-->Gnome2-1.021-->

Encode-2.10-->Getopt-Long-2.34. I downloaded all these dependencies, installed them, but when I try

to install the program it tells me that I am still missing the following Gnome2 files.

Gnome2-1.021 and Gnome2-VFS 1.021. I cannot find these files anywhere as rpms. Can anyone help

me with this?

:wall: Totally new to Linux, but learning quickly. I am trying to install GPRS Easy Connect in Mandriva

2005LE. The program tells me I need the following dependencies installed before the program will

install-Compress-Zlib-1.34-->ExtUtils-Depends-0.205-->ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.07-->

Glib-1.081-->Gtk2-1.081-->Gtk2-TrayIcon-0.03-->

Gnome2-VFS-1.021-->Gnome2-Canvas-1.002-->Gnome2-1.021-->

Encode-2.10-->Getopt-Long-2.34. I downloaded all these dependencies, installed them, but when I try

to install the program it tells me that I am still missing the following Gnome2 files.

Gnome2-1.021 and Gnome2-VFS 1.021. I cannot find these files anywhere as rpms. Can anyone help

me with this?

By the way the files I downloaded were tar.gz files. Everything installed fine, but the two Gnome2 files.

You could try this:

urpmi gnome2

and see if it works, if gnome2-vfs isn't installed with this then:

urpmi gnome-vfs2

PS - welcome to the board :beer:

Guest bgrivrs

:wall: OK My problem is still that I cannot find the two Gnome2 files. I have searched all the rpm

databases that I can find, but still have not located them. I think I can install them once I find them,

but where do I find them. The two tar.gz files that I have do not seem to install properly in Mandriva.

I installed all the other tar.gz files in the list using root Midnight Commander feature. Why did the two

Gnome2 files not install? Are they in the files I downloaded to my hard drive from the three install

CD's? I would really like to get this program installed. I am away at work, and would like to be able

to connect to internet with PC Card Modem. GPRS Easy Connect seems to be only way to be able to

do this, but I cannot get the darn thing installed. Help someone please!!