qemu and windows xp is impossible?

for me, the ability to work with the 2 systems simultaneously is what's most important, and the ability to share files between the two. I can see what some people might find dual booting good enough, if they need to run everyhting at native speed, but I've found that parallels, vmware runs things at very close to native speed, about 95% I'd say. is that what you've found in your experiences?

Mostly, everything has been OK. I've been running Win2K in vmware, and mostly all is OK.

The only problems I've had are with attempting to run an FTP server service on the vmware machine. It's fine if it's a Linux virtual machine, but if it's Windows, I have problems attempting to connect.

So I tend to use my native machine as the ftp server, and just use ftp client to receive files into the Win2K vmware machine. Unfortunately, for some reason the ftp can run a bit slow when transferring the files. I only assume it's something to do with Windows and the vmware networking. As I mentioned, works perfectly fine if Linux vmware. Odd one!

But other than that, all has been OK for me.

i used to use vmware as well, and found that linux VMs always ran a bit quicker. I'm currently using parallels...I like the interface a little better, plus, I like going w/ the little guy, instead of the big VMware giant :) i've found that all VMs, windows or linux, seem to run at about 95%.

i used to use vmware as well, and found that linux VMs always ran a bit quicker. I'm currently using parallels...I like the interface a little better, plus, I like going w/ the little guy, instead of the big VMware giant :) i've found that all VMs, windows or linux, seem to run at about 95%.

you like parallels dont you :P nearly all of your posts promote it. :lol2: