Making yourself a ghost on internet?

wakish

/me puts on tin foil hat.

i put tin foil on my cable/dsl router. it seems to keep the hackers out!

Don't do that, the aliens own the tinfoil factories and plant little nano-tech chips in the foil that transmits your every thought.

What you should do is keep the router in the freezer to prevent virus's spreading.

actually, keeping a router in a freezer may not be such a bad idea...might improve it's perfomance!

LOL, Its rather weird I was in a "chilled philosophical mood" last night feeling very relaxed and has this crazy idea of sticking a huge freezer with all my PC's and routers and seeing how far I can overclock them... thoughts drifted as to how to prevent damp.... and then my thoughts drifted back to the episode I was meant to be watching.

When it comes to security the pest policy is to trust no-one.

At the moment I am living in a fully kitted out "covert" truck with solar panels etc. on a laptop, piggybacking on dhcp, free and legal wireless connections. True :thumbs:

I only connect when I need to and have tied my girlfriend and myself up to prevent any wrong doing. Of course it goes without saying that we wear masks and disguise our voices by rolling over the floor on our mouths when we do talk. B)

Physical security has to be one of the first policies implemented.

.....and have tied my girlfriend and myself up to prevent any wrong doing. Of course it goes without saying that we wear masks and disguise our voices by rolling over the floor on our mouths when we do talk. B)

Not sure we need all the kinky details! :lol2:

ok..

But i was talking about something and you finally started jokes on it..i don't find it fun!

I like to crack jokes, BUT i think there are special topics and corners for this!

Anyway, thanks for the people who have shown some light in this infinite tunnel!

THANKS ALOT!!

~ Closed ~

Edited by wakish

Dude, chill out...

People make jokes about stuff here all the time....its the nature of the board.

No-one is directing anything at you they are just lightening up a thread...

If you had posted OMG I got cracked and these guys took all my savings then I doubt people would joke so much but in a general sense it comes under the heading of banter.

Lots of us have been hanging out here for years so we often lighten stuff up... and mix serious conversation with banter.

check out https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=32039

• 2 weeks later...