XMMS refuses to navigate to files

SpiralSlash

Hey- I recently switched from the x86_64 distro to the i586 one. And oddly enough, nothing's worked very well since. I did a fresh install, but immediately after install, the keyboard acted as as if a single keystroke was three or so. I fixed that by tweaking the keyboard repeat settings.

The next problem was that even though the mouse was set to select on single click/open on double click, it wouldn't do anything on double click - I'd have to click once to select whatever I wanted, then press enter to actually open it. I couldn't highlight text by double clicking it. That was "solved" by going into mouse preferences, swapping to sigle click opening, then swapping back to single click select/double click open.

Now, I can't get XMMS to open any files. It'll open up to the home folder, but clicking on any folders on the sidebar results in nothing happening. What can I do? I don't like any of the other media players that come with the distro, and dragging and dropping the files I want to play is irritating, since I should be able to do it through XMMS itself.

None of these problems were present in the x86_64 distro, and if I wasn't sick of hunting down 64bit versions of the apps I wanted to use, I'd go back to it. But in the mean time, I'd like to get this working. Help!

Edited by SpiralSlash

I tried renaming .xmms and re-running - no dice. Also, I did a fresh install for i586, so file ownership isn't the problem either.

I'm beginning to think that for some reason, i586 just won't work right on this PC. It hates my mouse, keyboard, and clock... And stuff like Flash and animated GIFs runt at about twice the speed they're supposed to.

I tried renaming .xmms and re-running - no dice. Also, I did a fresh install for i586, so file ownership isn't the problem either.

I'm beginning to think that for some reason, i586 just won't work right on this PC. It hates my mouse, keyboard, and clock... And stuff like Flash and animated GIFs runt at about twice the speed they're supposed to.

Doing a Fresh install won't change owership if you preserve your home directory.