How to change Mandriva Star KMenu Icon?

PeterPanic

Mine displays my hostname, but I suppose if your hostname is being assigned using DHCP, then it'll attempt to put the hostname the router assigned, or if the router is not capable of giving a hostname, then it seems your hostname is just the ip address.

You might want to reconfigure your network settings and manually assign a hostname to fix it.

By the way, if you do want to change the icon for the friendly smiling gnu (and I can't imagine why you'd want to...) then it's much easier, just right-click and go to properties, then click on the image and select a different one. Much easier :) For some reason the "show desktop" icon hasn't got a properties menu so you have to go round the houses to change it. As for me, I don't use emacs so I just right-clicked and selected "Remove button" :)

Edit: Wow, just noticed my sig to the left. Have I really been here a whole year?

Edited by neddie

Hi, you can add into kickerrc

[KMenu]
KmenuUseMdvIcon=false

Wow! That worked. How did you figure out (besides that you are the genius Dexter... :-) ) ? OK, now I can tyr to find out how to "usually" change the icon...

Thanks a lot.

Are there more "Make Mandriva work like standard" options we should know about? :-) A list perhaps?

Ciao,

PeterPanic

I can't remember maybe I read it in the club forums.

I don't have a list but I used to keep a tips & tricks directory copy-pasted from forums.

Used to? :-) Does that mean you don't have it any more? This would be a treasure to many people. I'll try to find some Tricks and post them here. In the end now I can search for "KmenuUseMdvIcon" and see what related things I find.

Thanks again.

Panic.

No I still have that directory but I rarely use it since I changed to PCLOS though I still frequently visit Mandriva forums such as this.

The tips there are for my knowledge (or the lack of it) so others may not find useful what's in there e.g. CLI package management in Mandriva. Besides it's not English only.

There's a tips & tricks forum around here too not to mention the Mandriva users FAQ and wiki.