Funny installation....

twn_onizuka

Howdy, ive reinstalled my 2006 powerpack again, however this time im missing the consol button ont he tool bar. I was wondering how do i get it back, i cant seem to even find it in the menu. I was wondering what is the file so i can add it in through the wizard?

For some reason i seem to get different installations everytime i do it....

The executable is "konsole", you should be able to create a desktop icon by right clicking on the desktop and choosing "add launcher" or similar. Where it asks for the command, enter "konsole" (without the quotes). You can then drag this icon onto the toolbar.

For some reason i seem to get different installations everytime i do it....

Did you choose different options during some point of the install? What you get depends a lot on what you choose during the install, specifically during the steps where you choose programs/packages to install.

i seee..thanks...

well im usually on and off linux due to the lack of broadband connection (to dl updates and progs with urmpi), lack of drivers (my laptop is quite new) and lack of time to code and learn.

But i was wondering what is the best way to install, as i have only assigned 10 gig of my laptop to mandriva 2006. Is it critical to assign a /home partition, because i have only a, / parition and /temp partition??