Applying delta.iso to Suse 10.1 RC1

Hi,

I've been trying to apply the delta.iso's to my Suse 10.1 RC1 cds, but it won't work. The thing is, that I would like to upgrade to RC2. I'm trying to do this with the commands given on the OpenSuse-site. These:

applydeltaiso /dev/hdc \
		  SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC1_RC2-i386-CD1.delta.iso \
		  SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC2-i386-CD1.iso

But every time, I get the same response. SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC1_RC2-i386-CD1.delta.iso no suc file or directory.

Does anyone have experience in applying the delta.isos and if so what am I doing wrong?

By the way. I'm doing this with CD 1 of Suse RC1 inserted in my cd/dvd-player and I'm in the directory where delta.isos are located.

Thanks in advance.

Not much experience with delta (I've only used x-delta, which is regularly used in Kanotix), but please allow a stupid question: Did you mount the CD-ROM in /dev/hdc somewhere before trying that? In that case, you should use the mountpoint instead.

And AFAIK delta and x-delta commands should be run as root.

No I deleted the iso's, and according to the Suse-site it should also be possible with CD1 inserted in your drive. As you can read below.

If you deleted the ISOs of the previous release, don't worry. applydeltaiso can also work with the CDs in your CD-ROM drive. For example, if you have the SUSE 10.1-i386 RC 1 CD 1 in your CD-ROM drive (/dev/hdc), use this command:
applydeltaiso /dev/hdc \
		  SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC1_RC2-i386-CD1.delta.iso \
		  SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC2-i386-CD1.iso

Edited by Gul Dukat