WinTV Go-Plus

Guest jeff

:wall: I have looked at the so called solved problem list prior to this and have had no luck getting it to work at all, except on MSWXP. I couldn't get it to work with Mandriva 2005 either.

lsmod | grep bttv listed out the following

bttv 148944 0

firmware_class 7456 1 bttv

tveeprom 11512 1 bttv

videodev 7104 1 bttv

video_buf 17060 1 bttv

i2c_algo_bit 8488 1 bttv

v4l2_common 4640 1 bttv

btcx_risc 3912 1 bttv

i2c_core 17360 5 tuner,bttv,tveeprom,tvaudio,i2c_algo_bit

modprobe.conf listed

alias eth0 forcedeth

alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0

install scsi_hostadapter /sbin/modprobe sata_nv; /bin/true

remove snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe -r snd-pcm-oss; /sbin/modprobe --first-time -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /bin/true; }

install usb-interface /sbin/modprobe ohci-hcd; /sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd; /bin/true

options bttv radio=1 card=10 gbuffers=10

options bt878 card=tuner=50 gbuffers=4

options bttv radio=1 card=10 gbuffers=10

It doesn't pick up the ntsc cable channels for usa.

If anybody has it working can they print out thier lsmod | grep bttv and contents of modprobe.conf?

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeff

;) I spoke to soon. It only gets channels 1-60. I'm missing channel between 60 and 99. I do have xawtv and kdetv working the same as TV time currently. I'm missing my favorite channels 63 and 68, SciFi and Fx. Any ideas out there?

Guest jeff

B) Well to make sense out of this, for wintv go-plus.

1. First and foremost start use Television signal instead of composite signals.

2. Add the last line to modprobe.conf. I listed my complete modprobe.conf. card = 26 and turner = 39 is from ddmsce on the tv tuner solved posting in 9-2005.

alias eth0 forcedeth

alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0

install scsi_hostadapter /sbin/modprobe sata_nv; /bin/true

remove snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe -r snd-pcm-oss; /sbin/modprobe --first-time -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /bin/true; }

install usb-interface /sbin/modprobe ohci-hcd; /sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd; /bin/true

# Oringinal that gets 2-60 channels options bttv radio=1 card=10 tuner=44 gbuffers=10

options bt878 card=tuner=50 gbuffers=4

options bttv radio=1 card=26 tuner=39 gbuffers=10

3. I would use kdetv or tvtime to set up the hardware. KDEtv starts out automatically to configure the turner just make sure you you select television signal instead of composite signals. Tvtime automatically chooses television signal so it is the easiest.

I have all of my channels and sound on KDEtv, TVtime, and XawTV. I am 100% functional with Linux now. Yeah Ha

• 1 month later...