saving updates and bugfixes

Trio3b

Would like to know if and where MDK10.2 updates and bugfixes, etc. are stored in cache prior to installation when using the update repositories in the MCC software management. If so, it seems these packages(which seem to be about 500mb) can then be burned to cd and used for future installations without going thru the ftp shuffle. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

[moved to software by tyme]

OK, command works if I issue

"urpmi --noclean <package>.rpm"

1. Since the packages do not go to /var/cache/urpmi/rpms UNTIL I hit the urpmi command, I don't know which package I am downloading unless I am looking at the list via the MCC GUI. Is this the only way or is the list available in the console. I poked around and found some lists in var/lib/urpmi/names.main. They seem to match what is listed in the MCC GUI list of main repositories(or whichever update source i choose) but not quite exactly.

2. I was only able to dwnload and then save one or a clump of .rpms (if there were dependencies) at a time. How can I select the whole list (about 50 to 60 packages) and then issue the --noclean variable recursively from within the console? Am trying to save all these update,security and bugfix .rpms for repeat installation on several more PCs.

Thanks for your help

When I've built a clean 2006 system, I've then just done this to get the updates once all mirrors have been added:

urpmi --auto-select --noclean

this will then download however many packages, usually around 130 which I could then of course burn to CD ready for next time I do a clean build.