problem windows gigantic

StandardsDT

heres the issue i am having with my windows. why is this problem occuring? this didnt happen earlier today or anything. alls i did was delete a user today, recreated one, deleted the user group that got created with it, deleted the group and set the users group to adm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/los...3/snapshot1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/los...3/snapshot2.png

Edited by StandardsDT

Go into your KDE Look/Feel settings and check here what's going on, or is it just kopete that's affected?

Please post your images as attachments, rather than full size images. This causes problems for people with slow internet links. Can you edit your post and post them correctly please. Thanks :P

kopete is incorrectly expecting your resolution to be higher...if you put your cursor on the upper left or upper right hand corner of the window does it give you a resize option? you should be able to resize it that way, and i think kde will save that setting, but i can't be sure

kopete is incorrectly expecting your resolution to be higher...if you put your cursor on the upper left or upper right hand corner of the window does it give you a resize option? you should be able to resize it that way, and i think kde will save that setting, but i can't be sure

yeah it does but it doesnt let me resize it :(

ok, before you try to resize it, click the "maximize/unmaximize" button - then try to resize it.

tried that before as well no go....i just did some searching of my own. i went into the theme manager and if i select plastic or plastiq however its spelled it makes everything bigger. not sure why. so i now have the theme set to mandriva with the windows decoration set as plastic/plastiq. odd that it would act like that. maybe cause i had the decoration set as plastic/plastiq as well?

I've noticed changing themes or even icon sets, it can cause problems. I had it with konqueror and had to go in and reset the settings within konqueror.

Chances are, it's either something to change in Configure Your Desktop and the settings there, or related with kopete. You can reset that as scarecrow said by deleting the directory, and it should return to it's defaults, if for some reason none of the options within kopete allow you to reset it.