Submit your Logo!

arctic

No problem, the star can be changed to the official one (with kinda glowing effect, if desired) and the "where our users..." part can be removed easily. It is all stored in different layers.

And yes, these are emperor penguins. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice, josk. :) Maybe without the sun in the middle of the "u" it would look even better. And how 'bout a blue-tone for the background that is somewhere between the dark blue and cyan? A very "mandriva-like" blue?

It is nice but once again I have to wonder if it's tileable. Remember we can't use a fixed width banner.

What's the code number of the colour the board uses? The blue background?

E4EAF2

Very nice, josk. :) Maybe without the sun in the middle of the "u" it would look even better. And how 'bout a blue-tone for the background that is somewhere between the dark blue and cyan? A very "mandriva-like" blue?

Ok, here is without sun. Better? Have to finish some other day.

It is nice but once again I have to wonder if it's tileable. Remember we can't use a fixed width banner.

Yes, it is tileable as rest of my works. Just take 1px width and 100px height image and repeat it.

joskmandrivauserslogo109ns.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5194/jo...rslogo109ns.jpg

Edited by josk

I like it. Would you mind giving us a brief rundown how you did it? What software did you use, did you use any special tools or techniques for the MUB bit?

I use photoshop. First I did big fonts using arial black. I moved fonts together. Skewing fonts and editing outlines of fonts.

example12ud.jpg

First I did this

Those fonts are actual black. I coloured those using various filters. Also I did couple different layers and using special transparent efects for those layers. So I get it look like more plastic/metallic. So if u disable those filters u get just black and white logo.

example28zs.jpg

Background is actual photo from mine mainboard. I colored it and finally just take a snapshot of 1x100px slice and skew it.

example32rz.jpg

Colored photo from mine mainboard.

example47kr.jpg

Same picture on two layers. Other picture is just skewed and masked transparency and special layer transparency.

example50xh.jpg

Just skewed image from mine mainboard.

Those mine pictures is just fast drafts (10-45min). So I hope you point me to the right direction and comment what u like or not.

I will close this topic now, as the competition is over. A new post will be opened for the voting later. :)

Thank you everyone for your efforts, ideas, comments. May the best design win. ;)