Submit your Logo!

arctic

Nice but you guys need to remember that it'll be going on top of the background of the penguins. So it needs to not have a background if you know what I mean. :)

Bummer! Then I guess I can drop this I was working at. No cutting and paste, fully homemade with gimp and pixel32:

mandrivabanner.png

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

contest.jpg

the image is transparent but when saved as a jpeg it takes it out....file right now is saved on my hard drive as psd and png. made it when booted into windows. tried in gimp but i was unable to get the exact selections i wanted for specific areas. so this is the final product. ok back to linux i go!

Edited by StandardsDT

We might have to check with yetisports just to make sure that we don't contravene anything should this logo be chosen, since their game did involve throwing penguins, and the similarity is instantly recognisable. And definitely remove the Windows one, Microsoft would have us for breakfast :P

Cool though ;)

And another sketch. This time without a dog. (I still wonder where you saw a dog, bvc. :)) Still a lot of corrections to be done, but you get the idea.

Like the penguins, arctic - not sure how easy it could be tiled but looks classy.

Unless I've misunderstood, the line "Where our users feel @ /home" is already in the page on the top right, and is staying there, so it's probably not needed in the logo as well...

Yes, if the "where..." part stays on the right side, it can be removed from the logo. The penguins can be tiled. I tested it. The image-cut is made in a place where you can simply duplicate or mirror the penguin-gang.

Just a suggestion but how about less lost looking penguins? Maybe a few bigger penguins helping smaller ones out of the water?

Not exaclty what you are asking for, but would e.g. such a penguin be better for you? :)

Time to go home. I had 30 min idle time at work and here is one more. That background is actually photo from mine mainboard.

joskmandrivauserslogo055lg.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/645/jos...rslogo055lg.jpg

joskmandrivauserslogo064tg.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/738/jos...rslogo064tg.jpg

Edited by josk