Gateway for two network cards

cm2k

Hi,

I have configured Mandriva to use two of my three NIC's however after I enter the details for my second ethernet card, and press apply it works fine, but after a few minutes the gateway is reset to the same gateway as my original NIC Card.

I need it to keep its assigned gateway.

I am using one NIC to publish files to the web (bypassing a firewall) and one to allow communications to the DMZ network.

Edited by cm2k

You can really only use one gateway. You could use a specific gateway for a certain ip range but you'd need to specify that range, and then the interface to use for it.

If your using one nic to publish files to the web, you should know the ip address of the place you are sending the files to, therefore you could specify this:

route add ip_of_publishing_destination netmask netmask_addr ip_of_interface

where the ip_of_publishing equals the ip of where you're sending the files to, the netmask for this and then the ip of the interface you want it to use to send via. You could try without the netmask, to see if it'd work, but you might need to specify something like 255.255.255.253 to allow that one specific ip, or if a range of ip's, change the netmask accordingly.

Hi,

I only got the error message No Device Found :s

I don't think I explained too clear in my first post. I have one NIC eth0 (192.168.88.x) which I am using for my internal DMZ network, so the LAN can talk to it and other servers on the DMZ. I am using Eth1 (82.x.x.x) with a Live Internet IP Address, so people from the internet can connect directly to the server for FTP and WWW.

However when I configure Eth0 as the gateway then Eth1 cannot be reached online and if I configure Eth1 as the gateway the connection with the DMZ is lost.

It's confusing - I'm sure it's just something strange I am doing wrong :)

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by cm2k

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. If you only have http/ftp coming to the eth1 card, why will it need a default gateway, since the incoming connections are talking to the http/ftp which I believe are on this machine?

I'm confused on what you're trying to achieve.