9.1 rc1 INFO And ERRATA

Guest anon

Quote:

"You can think of RC1 as of fourth beta if you prefer, but there are several important differences:

* Final distribution will contain the same packages as RC1.

* From now on, only the packages that really MUST be updated because of serious bugs will be updated, everything else stays as it is.

* Absolutely no changes in functionality of Mandrake tools are allowed (except bug-fixes).

* Final "look and feel" with brand new unified Mandrake theme for KDE-, Gnome- and Gtk- applications.

As the final release is getting nearer, our QA needs your help in following areas:

1. ACPI support on Laptops

2. NTFS resizing

3. zeroconf

4. Supermount

5. Apache 2

ERRATA

ML 9.1 RC1 has a known bug with printer recognition: installer crashes at printer configuration step if there are any printers connected to machine. Please disconnect /turn off all the local printers during instalation, and start printerdrake (available from Mandrake Control Center) afterwards to get them configured. "

A note from me.

For those of you interested, the three ISO's are now available from our ftp site: ftp://ftp.mandrakeusers.com/pub

As always, please make the effort and report bugs to: https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/

For people with Nvidia cards

MottS gave this advice:

I've been able to rebuild the NVidia driver with 'export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=true' before typing 'rpmbuild --rebuild NVidia_*' because the system was complaining about shit. Anyway.

I have almost finished the getting the last CD. I can't wait to take it for a spin :D

Ok typing this from 9.1 rc 1

Looks nice!

kde 3.1 is very responsive, the default theme is pretty close to my tastes, i normally use keramik and crystall icons.

Setting up networking & internet connection did not work(via mcc network & internet), but when i went into harddrake and then configured my nic from there it did.

I think OO is actually starting faster, not that that matters too much.

Nvidia card works fine after using 'export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1'

umm i just found that my double quotes don't work, i get an @ symbol instead of a ".

Oh i get the " if i type @ :lol:

sound stutters abit in games for some reason.

Adjusting timezone makes the screen go black for while & when the screen comes back the clock has 2 small & 2 large hands.

I will submit these bugs

Guest joehill

could anyone provide some info as to any new hardware support they have noticed?

I am especially curious about scanners, like say the HP Scanjet 2300c...

:)

but seriously, I know that's less to do with Mandrake than with Sane, but I am curious to see if it is actually listed in the control center.

cheerio for now...