New kde-3.5.2 by MDE

mmodem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem he is having is that there are no KDE header files. perhaps it would help to direct him to a package which contains the KDE header (*.h) files (I'm not a KDE user, so I don't know the answer)? this isn't a ktorrent issue, he's simply trying to fill the dependencies that ktorrent requires for compilation, and since he's using your packages, he needs to know what packages contain the header files - which are used for development work.

i imagine this would be something like kdebase-devel-*.rpm or similar.

Guest unclemike

i tryed the kde 3.5.2 by MDE....Things are alot easyer with kde from SoS .. www.seerofsouls.com .... Think ill stick with 3.5.1 until Hawkwind of SoS makes the 3.5.2 RPM.s...have a good day

i tryed the kde 3.5.2 by MDE....Things are alot easyer with kde from SoS .. www.seerofsouls.com .... Think ill stick with 3.5.1 until Hawkwind of SoS makes the 3.5.2 RPM.s...have a good day

He only rebuilds cooker rpms for mandriva 2006 and he doesnt improve neither fixes anything.

Edited by Ixthusdan

Would like to understand whats a lot easier since is still kde...ehehheh

And im having a nice day thank you :)

PS: i really advise you to go read hawkwind posts in mandriva club, to see what kind of person he is, and did you know that me and thac got banned just because other users talk well and defended our rpms in #mandriva, yes we didnt even opened our mouth about it.

Edited by Ixthusdan

Guest unclemike

well tell me how to install your kde 3.5.2 rpms then....SoS is easy done with all the urpmi commands right there...When i installed yours...this command said i had kde 3.5.2 ( kde-config --version | grep KDE ) but only booted to gnome...kdm showed no kde...so if you can get me going ill try your rpm's again...

Edited by Ixthusdan

well tell me how to install your kde 3.5.2 rpms then....SoS is easy done with all the urpmi commands right there...When i installed yours...this command said i had kde 3.5.2 ( kde-config --version | grep KDE ) but only booted to gnome...kdm showed no kde...so if you can get me going ill try your rpm's again...

Well that cant be totally correct since if you did installed kdebase-kdm you would have all windows managers available to login, but still to remind that if you only do for example urpmi kdebase (and this considering you are upgrading from mandriva kde rpms, and also considering that you did used previous mde kde rpms, yes because now there isnt anymore the package kdebase-kdm-config-file since makes no sense to separate kdm files to another package), would not upgrade kdebase-kdm, but now all that is treated, but that are all if's since you have not provided sufficient info.

Edited by Ixthusdan

Guest unclemike

when i installed mandriva 2006..i went to gnome uninstalled kde 3.4....and installed your 3.5.2...it showed it was there...but kdm would not show it...

when i installed mandriva 2006..i went to gnome uninstalled kde 3.4....and installed your 3.5.2...it showed it was there...but kdm would not show it...

stil not enough info since i still odnt know what were the packages installed, at least what where the kdebase packages installed with more importance for kdebase-kdm and kdebase-kdm-config-file (since i think at the time the package kdebase-kdm-config-file still existed)

And what you mean with "but kdm would not show it..."

did you logout and saw kdm?

Try provide all info maybe when sometimes you can think that isnt necessary.

Edited by mmodem

Guest unclemike

did it just like this...

Code:

urpmi kdebase

Code:

urpmi kdeutils kdeaddons kdeaccessibility kdegames kdegraphics

Code:

urpmi kdebase-kdm-config-file kdebase-kdm

I have moved some posts pending management discussions. Anyone interested may pm me with questions.

Threatening members in any way is against board guidelines in any forum. All complaints should be referred to moderators and admins.

Posts are reinstated as edited.