New kde-3.5.2 by MDE

mmodem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing libpq.so.3 :

Try linking: ln -s /usr/lib/libpq.so /ust/lib/libpq.so.3

And it looks kdepim and kdegraphics are there. Only things missing kdetoys. Installing now.

All packages are available, so whats the problem?

Devries please do not go to http://rpm.pbone.net/ download packages to mix with MDE packages, please do remember that we do follow Mandriva policy in oposition to some mandriva developers as in consequence some mandriva packages were removed and others created in MDE, so if u go mix mandriva packages with mde packages u will have problems.

So please do not advise users to go to http://rpm.pbone.net/

By the way libmDNSResponder will be obsoleted cause is a bad piece of software, due to that libkecore is requiring the devel package libmDNSResponder-devel, so to replace mdns was already created avahi but that will cause that also kde must be all replaced at least what depends on libkdecore, this was already done for x86_64 and now im doing it for x64, if there is any kind of issue please fill free to report me at once :)

regards,

By the way libmDNSResponder will be obsoleted cause is a bad piece of software, due to that libkecore is requiring the devel package libmDNSResponder-devel, so to replace mdns was already created avahi but that will cause that also kde must be all replaced at least what depends on libkdecore, this was already done for x86_64 and now im doing it for x64, if there is any kind of issue please fill free to report me at once :)

Today I upgraded my KDE 3.5.2 with these packages:

libarts1-1.5.2-4.mdk2006.0.mde installed

libavahi-common3-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde installed

arts-1.5.2-4.mdk2006.0.mde installed

libdbus-1_2-0.61-3.mdk2006.0.mde installed

libavahi-client3-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde installed

libavahi-qt3_1-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde installed

libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde installed

kdelibs-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde installed

Then I tried this:

# rpm -e libmDNSResponder1-devel libmDNSResponder1

error: Failed dependencies:

libdns_sd.so is needed by (installed) kdebase-progs-3.5.2-2.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

libmDNSResponder1 is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

If libmDNSResponder1 is obsolete, shouldn't I be able to remove it?

Thanks,

carlash

Dont you think that was already taken care?

When avahi is installed is already removing/obsoleting mDNSResponder else you woudnt be able to install it, it would conflict avahi, so to a smoother install avahi is providing libmDNSResponder.

If you want do rpmquery -a|grep mDNSResponder to see if that package exists.

Dont you think that was already taken care?

When avahi is installed is already removing/obsoleting mDNSResponder else you woudnt be able to install it, it would conflict avahi, so to a smoother install avahi is providing libmDNSResponder.

If you want do rpmquery -a|grep mDNSResponder to see if that package exists.

Thanks for all your work providing KDE 3.5.2.

I had removed mDNSResponder in the past. However, libmDNSResponder1-98-4mdk and libmDNSResponder1-devel-98-4mdk are still installed. See below:

# rpmquery -a|grep mDNSResponder

libmDNSResponder1-devel-98-4mdk

libmDNSResponder1-98-4mdk

When I try to remove both of these packages:

# rpm -e libmDNSResponder1-devel libmDNSResponder1

libmDNSResponder1 is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

Or when I try to remove one at a time:

# rpm -e libmDNSResponder1

libmDNSResponder1 = 98 is needed by (installed) libmDNSResponder1-devel-98-4mdk.i586

# rpm -e libmDNSResponder1-devel

I believe the above is telling me that libmDNSResponder1-devel and libmDNSResponder1 are needed by kdebase-progs-3.5.2-2.mdk2006.0.mde.i586 and libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde.i586 respectively.

Let me reword my question. If mDNSResponder is obsolete and removed, shouldn't I be able to remove libmDNSResponder1-devel and libmDNSResponder1?

Thanks,

carlash

Lets see if i can explain myself, when i first build avahi and installed the existant libkdecore was removed due to not satisfy libmdns.so so due to this all libkdecore dependent/based packages was removed, but this wouldnt happen now since it exists there a new kdelibes release 6 and also for kdebase a release 6 but i see you dont have that kdebase ad this is also my fault since i already have it build but i forgot to upload it, upload it now though.

However isnt the fitst time that happens to me forgeting to upload packages and this happens because i have simply to many work on my hands, i usually forst build kde for x86_64 and then build for x86 though.

The previous libkdecore releases were requring libmdns.so that is a devel file from libmDNSResponder-devel wich is wrong, but that only happens to the bad mDNSResponder libraries since now with avahi all is as it should be.

Dont get how is possible for you still have libmDNSResponder1 installed since is removed with avahi install, so that shows me that you have installed with --nodeps ot just forced installation. In that case dont put these kind of questions/reports, so its natural now you have wat you posted.

Still im gg to build a new kdelibs that renforces avahi kdelibs require, since i had a condition that is user uses mandriva inferiror to 2006 would need libmDNSRespoder wich is correct and needed but there is a issue (still dont know if is a issue) because libavahi -compat-libdns_sd still provides libMDNSResponder1 wich exists to be a smooth upgrade to avahi.

Well as I didn't really understand those last posts, but am having the same problem, could someone advise me as to what the best solution would be i.e. do I bin the current installed version of KDE (3.5.2-2) and then re-install with the 3.5.2-6 version?

or is there a more "eloquent" way of getting round it ?

thanks in advance.

regards

John

Lets see if i can explain myself, ...

Thanks again for all your work providing KDE 3.5.2.

However, to be clear, I did not install using --nodeps.

Today I installed your latest kdebase packages using urpmi and then I manually removed libmDNSResponder1-devel.

But, I still cannot remove libmDNSResponder1 because it is needed by libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde.i586. See command line output below:

Thanks,

carlash

Simply isnt possible for you have libmDNSResponder installed if you did installed avahi, so if you still have libmDNSResponder1you did forced the instalation with --nodeps of force or --replacefiles or --replacepkgs whatever.

If you want to uninstall simply also force the uninstall with for example rpm -e --nodeps or urpme --allow-nodeps.

The usual way?

Ah! Obviously I don't know the "usual" way.

I suspect that it's best to bin it all from gnome then, as that should (from what I understand) not cause a problem with this libdns thing (hopefully).

thanks for the pointer.

regards

John

Ah! Obviously I don't know the "usual" way.

We do advise smart as the install/update/uninstall manager tool but you can still use the mandriva tools urpmi/rpmdrake.

Gnome? As i remember we didnt provide any new gnome packages.

Simply isnt possible for you have libmDNSResponder installed if you did installed avahi, so if you still have libmDNSResponder1you did forced the instalation with --nodeps of force or --replacefiles or --replacepkgs whatever.

If you want to uninstall simply also force the uninstall with for example rpm -e --nodeps or urpme --allow-nodeps.

I'm sorry but you are mistaken. It is possible to have libmDNSResponder installed with installed avahi. See the following 2 CLI outputs:

$ rpm -qa --last | grep -i dns

libmDNSResponder1-98-4mdk -- Wed 26 Oct 2005 03:23:38 PM CDT

(Please note that libmDNSResponder1 was installed 26 Oct 2005, which is date of my original installation of Mandriva 2006.0.)

and

$ rpm -qa | grep avah

libavahi-client3-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

libavahi-compat-howl0-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

libavahi-common3-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

libavahi-core4-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

libavahi-qt3_1-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

avahi-0.6.9-5.mdk2006.0.mde

And I do not install packages with --nodeps or --force or --replacefiles or --replacepkgs or whatever because I don't want to break things.

The following CLI output tells me that libkdecore4-3.5.2-6.mdk2006.0.mde.i586 requires libmDNSResponder1:

I prefer to not remove packages with rpm -e --nodeps or urpme --allow-nodeps because I don't want to start breaking things.

It seems to me that the correct and/or proper choice would be to fix libkdecore4 so that it does not require libmDNSResponder1.

Thanks again for all your work providing KDE 3.5.2 packages.

Regards,

carlash