Some MythTV related help please :)

leezer3

Hiya guys,

I've gotta admit my TV Card appears to have lost me somwhat :)

I've got MythTV installed and working (A painful experience in itself :P ), and I now need to get the dratted card working with it.

The card in question is a LifeView Cardbus Duo digital/ analouge tuner, for which I primarily need the analouge function. I have done the standard ferreting on Google, and the only thing of real relavance that comes up is this:

http://www.pvrweb.com/bbs-old/viewtopic.ph...19574&view=next which has the stuff like the PCI ID's & the kernel module required to drive the card. Trouble is that I'm now just a little lost as to where to go from here :mellow:

Cheers

-Leezer-

What you need to do now is to install the drivers for your card (called modules in linux). These drivers can be installed with optione like: card=34 etcetc.

You can see if the driver is installed with the lsmod command. (open a console, login as root and type: lsmod | grep saa7134) If you get no output the driver isn´t installed and you need to install it with: modprobe saa7134 <if that doesn´t work use options>

After that test the card with tvtime (urpmi tvtime). If that works add the card to mythtv.

Hmm. I seem to have got somewhere, but not far enough :)

modprobe saa7134 tuner=54 i2c_scan=1

This gives me a working set of video inputs, but doesn't appear to be initialising the TV tuner itself?!- ATM, its not even picking up static in TVTime, just a blue screen.

(Also, the light on the card and the fan that normally accompany the tuner under Windoze are not there either)

Do you think I should be taking this to the MythTV talk forum now? :P

Cheers

-Leezer-

Do you think I should be taking this to the MythTV talk forum now? :P

you could... we're all part of the greater open source community at the end of the day, there is no competition here. So wherever you find help is the right place ;)