Install Neverwinter Nights Gold [solved]

raffles10

I'm trying to install NWNGold using the ravage NWNGold installer but it does not detect my cdrom even though it is mounted as /mnt/cdrom.

I've read the faq and tried to solve the problem as suggested even though it should work automatically.

I've tried disabling supermount, unmounting and then remounting the discs and it asks for disc two, after inserting disc two it again asks for disc two. I've tried with all four discs, unmounting, remounting and it still asks for disc two while in the terminal for all discs it shows:

mount: No medium found

I've also tried export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom before running ./neverwinter_nights_gold.run and still no success, I've also tried SETUP_CDROM=/dev/hdc as this is my cdrom location in fstab and still no joy.

I also tried Biowares instructions for installing NWNGold but the files needed are not on my cd's. Their instructions are specific to the North American edition and I have the UK edition, the cd contents seem to be different. I also do not have access to Windows.

Any ideas ? I bought NWN because I believed it was one retail game that would work on linux and I know others have it working, so any advice would be welcome.

I have Mandriva Powerpack 2006.

I also have the UK Gold edition. Here is the problem: It's called the 'Gold' edition, like the American one, but it isn't really - it's just a bundle pack of NWN plus the first expansion.

So download Ravage's normal NWN installer and the seperate installer for the expansion and you're good to go ;)

Post if you have any other problems.