KDE 3.5.1 urpmi problem

thebrookster

Hi, am trying to install KDE 3.5.1 int Mandriva 2006. I have uninstalled kde 3.4.2, which was my previous version. However, when I try to download obtain the newer packages (I have both thacs rpm and seer os souls rpm as sources, along with contrib, main, plf, non freeplf and upgrade) I get a message coming up sayng:

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

What is happening here, and how can I get around it?

My thanks in advance to anyone who can help,

thebrookster

I'm not sure, but it might not be able to figure out to download KDE 3.5.1 from either thac or SOS. You'd be better disabling one or the other, and downloading from either thacs or sos and not both sources at the same time.

Ianw is correct. Thac himself points this out.

Thacs rpms are made against the same dependencies he has on his site and these are not compatable with the OSS set and vice a versa. So you can't pick and choose as you want. The other point is that thac and his colleague keep working to iron out the bugs of their kde3.5 specifically for Mandriva2006 whereas all the kde3.5 rpms in cooker just get their own updates and fixes but no real checks for fault free integration into 2006. That is why cooker is regarded as experimental. I think thacs set is long past experimental.

Cheers. John.