open office problem

solarian

Hi!

I've got a most curious, but not all that of a funny problem.

My OpenOffice 2.0.2 Writer has the same background colour as that I've set in KDE to be the standart background colour.

But, come on, why should OpenOffice pick that up as a text background colour?!

See the screenshot

And please help me to switch it back to white.

thanks!

p.s. Maybe I should just reinstall it...

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Strange thing, Solarian. Yesterday the background of Netscape Mail (only the message area) also changed. The browser component stayed OK, as did all my other software, including StarOffice and OpenOffice. I'm Mandriva 2006, KDE 3.4.2.

Strange indeed. It seems as if this is more of a KDE than a distro problem (Or maybe a problem with the OOo KDE integration package). Try to change it by going to the following Menu in OOo:

Extras -> Options: ->

OpenOffice.org -> subfolder "Display"

and change the background colour of your document there.

Hope that helps.

Wonder if it's possible to switch -- on the fly, as it were -- to Gnome or Ice. I wouldn't want to back up my data, then re-install Mandriva as well as all my software.

Wonder if it's possible to switch -- on the fly, as it were -- to Gnome or Ice. I wouldn't want to back up my data, then re-install Mandriva as well as all my software.

Of course it is... and it's just one "urpmi icewm" away. And may I repeat again that reinstalling gives you more experience on handling windows, but it doesn't do any good regarding your Linux skills! :lol2:

Have you decided, Scarecrow, that poking fun at Blindows is more filling as soul food than helping someone keep his icons from jumping about like fleas on pogo sticks?

Thanks for the suggestion, arctic, I will try it out!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but due to the moving of this thread I didn't receive any notification emails that replies have been posted.

==============

Ok, I fixed it!

Tools -> options -> appearance -> Document background :D

Still very weird that it took that colour from my KDE colour scheme...

Of course it is... and it's just one "urpmi icewm" away. And may I repeat again that reinstalling gives you more experience on handling windows, but it doesn't do any good regarding your Linux skills! :lol2:

No shit, scarecrow! :D

Personally I think that Windblows should include a "Reinstall Windows" button/function in their start menu. :lol2:

As a universal - fix it all.