fc5 won't install

I've been trying to get FC5 to install (x86_64) to try it out, especially the 64 bit version on my new system (P4 630 processor, Intel 945 mobo, SAT II HD, NEC 3550 DVD burner). As noted in another post the checksums didn't match with the supposed sums, but the media check at install did. My installation hangs with the error "error transferring install image to hard drive." Thinks I may not have enough hd space (have 9GB for /). I checked around the Fedora forums and Google, but found nothing that helps. Tried selinux=0, allowcddma (suggestions found), but all to no avail. If any of you Fedora fans have an idea I'd appreciate it. I'll also try on the Fedora forums. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Arctic!! The mem= did it, both mem=128 and mem=256. I now have a Fedora Core 5 system running. Now if I can only learn yum and the various repositories. My first task is to find ms tt fonts. I have a msfonts rpm that I've used with Mandriva. Will that work with Fedora? It's a noarch rpm and I'm on a x86_64 system now. Then there is the whole codecs thing. I've set up livna in yum and will have to find other repos.

Just out of interest, since I've always wondered this. The mem= parameter, will that have any undesired effect on the system once it's up and running?

I know I've had to use it before, particular on Compaq Servers with Xeon processors. Is it only restricting the memory during boot process, or when the system is up and running as well?

It will only restrict the memory usage for the installation process. Once the install is finished, the whole RAM will be used unless you add some extra parameters in the bootloader config.