some questions about fedora

ok, I'd like to ask a few question about the tools and other applications that can be found on mandriva..and other..

1. What is the equivalent of diskdrake on FC?

2. If Mandriva has supermount, what is it on FC? 4 and 5

3. Where can I find a ClanBomber arcade game for fedora4? I installed kdegamed but its not there.. (I using kde 3.5 update to fc4).. trie installing from source but got some problem, so maybe I can get an rpm package of it

4. Any Idea how can I install the package Kinternet to fedora similar to that of OpenSuse?

5. tryin to cutomize the kernel but when doin a make command this is what I get...see below:

gcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cc1)

any idea about it?

thanks in advance, btw, I started to like it...using it straight for 3 days now :P dualboot of course with mandriva

Edited by aioshin

A few things I know:

1. You can use cfdisk and qtparted instead.

2. On FC5 its the same as in any "bleeding edge" distro: hal+pmount without sftab entries and mods.

4. Dunno about kinternet, but you can use xisp which is much better a gui dialer.

Segfaults from gcc are a very bad start, BTW... but you can hope its caused due to some typo or bad setting you passed in "make xconfig".

More information:

3. Add the livna and freshrpms repositories to your yum.conf (Visit their sites, they will give you a copy&paste command to run from cli for activating them), the

yum install clanbomber

The kde games package only has native kde games afaik. Same goes for the gnome-games package (only gnome games).

5. Read this guide http://forum.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=29434

@scarecrow

. I already have qparted, but I think its like a gui of fdisk, or clone of partitionmagik, it does not perform similar to diskdrake, the goodthing about disk drake is that you can mount a certain partition with a chance to put some advance options, and automatically write the changes on fstab...

.Kinternet is the package that I think can be found on Suse only, but since its under gpl, I think It could be put into FC, but it has a lot of dependency, particularly to Yast and smppd, which I think I encountered also only in Suse, because this tool allows me to connect to my dial-in server, (centos) from home which I am using right now ( OpenSuse10) but when using kppd, it wont connect, ( or maybe I'm just tired of searching what is the real problem), so I'm just guessing that someone has use the tool on FC, but.. its a tool for dial-up so, might be that only a few users here used dial-up this time.

-------------

@arctic

I already added those you mentioned, found it on fedoraproject.org, but I have'nt able to install it, maybe there is a change in name....

.with the kernel issue, thanks for the link, I'll try that tomorrow

Edited by aioshin