fc5 md5sums for x86_64

I decided to try fc5 and downloaded the x86_64 dvd iso and checked the md5sum: not correct. I downloaded again and checked. I got the same sum as before, but not the one listed on the Fedora site or in the SHA1SUM file. Am I missing something here? I downloaded from kernel.org. The files are dated 3/15 (both dvd iso and sums). I'm loathe to burn a bad dvd, but am intrigued that both downloads came up with the same sum. Any thoughts, suggestions would be welcomed.

I checked on the fedora forum, nothing there that I could find. I tried another mirror and got the same sum as the other site. I'm going to burn the DVD and see what happens. It could be that not many people have downloaded the x86_64 dvd's and bothered to check the sums. At least if it doesn't install I won't complain.

I did the same thing. I spent around 18 hours downloading. The second time, I went ahead and burned the image. Fedora has a file check prior ro installation. Guess what? The disk checked OK! I am in Fedora core 5 right now.

Lucky you! My DVD checked out fine also, but installation hung. I got a message about an error installing install image to hd, thinks I may not have enough space on the hd! My / is 7.4GB! That should be plenty, or at least has been for other distros. I have / and /home (1GB). Maybe the installation is a hd hog. I've got the space so I make / bigger and see what happens.

I've had problems with RH/Fedora disks in that I downloaded them and the checksums were OK but whenever I chose the "check disk" after booting the disk, it would always fail.

However, I normally clicked cancel here and installed anyway, and everything was perfectly fine. I think their disk checking utility is a bit hit and miss, and not really accurate.

Just some info, not sure if it helps.

Well, my download speed was good. Usually, a bad download happens if my speed is in dial-up range. The last time I used Fedora was their first offering, and the tool worked pretty good back then. I forgot it was there!

Just curious, did you all use md5sum or shasum? You want to use the latter, hope you didn't waste time d/l over the wrong checker :)
Cool.. I completely forgot that this could be the cause for sum-mismatches. :lol2: