linux printer petition

axel_2078

Fellow Linux users, make it known that you only support printer companies that support Linux. Sign the petition and make your voice heard. http://www.petitiononline.com/YALB1975/

This is the gist of the petition:

"Dear Printer Manufacturers,

We, the Undersigned, are sick of your unprofessional attitude toward the users of the Linux operating system. You often state that you do not support Linux because "At this time, the low user base of Linux does not merit the expense of developing our software to fit those needs." This petition sets to correct your gross miscalculation. After viewing the numbers of users that have signed this petition, perhaps you might want to reconsider.

We would like you, the manufacturer; to reacquaint yourselves to the fact that WE are the consumers...therefore, WE dictate the rise and fall of the market. WE push a product or pull it. The ball is in our court. Let this petition serve as a notification and warning...you can show your intention at bringing resolution to this matter by releasing drivers for Linux or open sourcing your current stock of drivers...or you can ignore it and paint a target on yourselves for a Linux wide boycott of your products."

I agree.

Even if I were a developer in one of the printer companies and myself used Linux at home this kind of wording that is in this petition would only tempt me to tell all the petitioners to go and **** themselves.

It doesn't encourage anyone to make drivers or anything, it's too hostile and can only make them dislike Linux users.

edit: stupid mandrivausers.org nazi dirty word filters!

Edited by solarian