Gentoo Linux 2006.0 Released!

Yeah, I've found it funny that with 2005.1 you could compile your own kernel, well, had to or use genkernel. Then with 2006.0, they have designed the CD in such a way, that it's completely different and you can't find the stage3 to manually extract and compile your kernel that way. I guess that's why they've got the option to download from the internet!

I did think that what I could do after, is just manually compile my kernel and then I'd have it how I wanted it. For now I can live with the default until I get around to changing it, etc. It's pretty fast as it is right now, and it's only a laptop install anyhow.

I'll dig through their docs and find out how I can get around it the other way.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And there was me removing everything I had installed that wasn't working correctly before I edited the USE flags! I guess I could have just left it, and then issued this command to do it automatically.

Nice one :beer:

What is Een-Stall?

I make Gentoo two year ago. Now me say "emerge sync && emerge -uD world" then me have latest system.

Sometime me also have follow direction for point release. Then me type two more command or three.

You complicate.