Good Linux Mud Client

Gannin

Not something I've used, or heard of until now, but check here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=lin...le+Search&meta=

If you find any of these look good, you can do this to see if it's available as an rpm install for mandriva:

urpmf --name appname

substitute appname with the name of the mud client to see if it is listed. You'll have to have made sure you have set up easyurpmi repositories for main, contrib, jpackage, plf-free, plf-nonfree and updates to ensure a good result, or at least a chance for a good result.

Thanks for the reply. I've done that search before, and it doesn't really produce anything I consider worthwhile, so I was hoping someone would have some knowledge of something good that perhaps doesn't readily appear on Google.

It seems like the only three mud clients that are still actively developed are MudMagic, which just doesn't work right for me, even after compiling it for myself, gmud, which is for Gnome and I use KDE, and Jamochamud, which has some quite annoying bugs.

In the mean time, I've been using kmud, but it's quite old and still relies on QT 1. If someone knows of anything that I've overlooked, I would love to hear about it.

/* Edit */

I take back what I just said. Apparently Gnome mud can be made to work just fine with only gtk+ installed, without needing any of the extra Gnome-specific libraries installed.

Edited by Gannin