How to create a mirror structure from CD? [solved]

Scirious

People, I know this will sound weird, but I can't make the installer use all CD images I have. It uses only the first one, so installation ends incomplete. However, during the install proccess I saw that it was possible to use something like a local copy of the mirrors. So, is there a way I can get a local copy of the mirror structur from the CDs?

Thanks,

Scirious.

Edited by Scirious

Does the installer never ask for any of the other CDs?

Is the install bootable after you go through the install process?

The install process does not require all 3 cds unless you choose to install software from all of them. IIRC, only the first CD is necessary to install a working desktop system - is it possible your install configuration doesn't need all 3 cds?

What version of Mandriva/Mandrake is this? Did it ask you during the install what cd's you have?

I have the first 6 CDs from Mandriva Powerpack 2006. Actually, I have 6 CD images cause I lost some CDs during burn and I dont't have more CDs now to burn. I only have CDRWs but they are of 650 MB, which isn't enough for a Mandriva CD. So I burn the boot.iso from the fist CD into one of these CDRWs and I am usng it to boot up the install. However, it doesn't ask what are my CDs, it just ask for the first iso image or a local mirror structure. I can select many GBs of software to install (it lists them all) bt perfors the install only from the first CD without asking for the others. It even ends the install without finishing it's progress bar.

After it finishes I can boot the system, but it looks ugly and somethings I've tested does not happen as it should. For instance no man pages are installed. Actually the system can't even recognise man command. and urpmi <any package in any of the CDs> returns an error saying that it couldn't match any pakage to install.

Scirious.

Well, this was solved and the solution is quite simple. Just grab the whole content from the first CD inta a directory and athem grab the content from the "media" folder of the others CDs into the "media" folder that is in te folder where you grabed the content from the first CD.

Scirious.