I'm not sure if Easy Urpmi installed!

mr_coffee

Hello everyone!

Well i went to use Easy_urmpi, I reinstalled mandriva so I had to run this again. ANyways, last time I did it, it took awhile. This time around I forgot it was even still downlaoding stuff and I reb00ted linux. So I went to go copy and paste the commands to update urmpi again and i get the following:

[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.clinet.fi/pub/mirrors/Mandrake-linux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main with media_info/hdlist.cz
unable to access hdlist file of "updates", medium ignored
medium "main" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "jpackage" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
medium "plf-free" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
medium "plf-nonfree" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "updates" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]#
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.clinet.fi/pub/mirrors/Mandrake-linux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "main" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "contrib" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "jpackage" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
medium "plf-free" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
medium "plf-nonfree" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ with media_info/hdlist.cz
medium "updates" already exists
[root@mybox coffee]#

Does this mean it updated everything? or is it saying this because it thinks it updated because I shut down. Thanks!

Does this mean it updated everything? or is it saying this because it thinks it updated because I shut down. Thanks!

it means, it added those mentioned repositories already, the first time you issued those commands fromeasy urpmi..

now

just try to update your urpmi repos, as root issue command in your konsole:

#urpmi.update -a -v

-a - it will update all repos..

-v verbose... shows whats happening

:P

Edited by aioshin

THanks for the responce, but all it did was this:

[root@mybox coffee]# urpmi.update -a-v
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom1).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom2).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom3).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom4).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom5).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.The Ultimate Linu top DVD (cdrom6).cz]
computing md5sum of existing source hdlist (or synthesis)
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]

What does that mean exactly? i'm all up to date?

Yes, that looks like you're up-to-date.

However, you're having problems with your updates repository. Go into System/Configuration/Packaging/Software Media Manager. Then select updates and remove it.

Then go into System/Configuration/Packaging/MandrivaUpdates and let it create the updates repository again for you. Choose the mirror that's closest, and then apply all updates.

Thanks for the help! I did what you said, when i went into

System/Configuration/Packaging/MandrivaUpdates, i could choose, bug fixes, secuirty, and normal updates, i selected them both, then i selected all packages, and it said it was around 800 megs, should I download and install all the updates?

If you have broadband and can afford the bandwidth, go for it. I have a flatrate and always patch my systems as it usually irons out some bugs. But some people are limited to e.g. 1,5 GB per month of traffic and need to be a bit careful on what they want to patch first.

You can update the system (in the background) while still doing your work (surfing, mailing, writing,...).

I tried a KDE 3.4 upgrade once and had loads of problems. I tend to wait until it's release officially, which means waiting for Mandriva 2007.

If you do decide to upgrade, first remove all of kde components, and then install KDE 3.5 after this.

I prefer stability, so I tend to stick with what comes with it :P