AutoZen OSS problems

sub-zero

Erm Hi again, I've installed the following program from the Mandriva CD out of curiosity. It's called Autozen and it's supposed to be a brain-wave altering thing. :mellow:

The thing of it is, whenever I use it, the only thing coming out of my headphones is a static-like noise, not unlike when your tv has no signal. I installed an OSS emulator for ALSA, but it still doesn't work. Does it work on anyone else's Desktop?

Nah, I'm using Gnome. Let me try on KDE.

[edit: It works even less on KDE. I dont even get the static-like noise]

Edited by sub-zero

No, I don't think installed JACK.. I'll try and see if that's it.

[EDIT: I think I installed it right... I havent actually ever used make and gottten past the config part...]

[i typed:]

$ ./configure
$ make
$ su -
$ make install

[is that correct?] :unsure:

Edited by sub-zero

i believe that's the standard process, however it should also be available via the software installer in the control panel for mandriva - if so that would be the better option.

i'm not sure of JACK will solve your problem, I just know a lot of other audio software makes use of it.

While trying to figure out what's wrong with my OSS mixer, i realized That I had no volume control installed. It turns out gnome-media got installed incorreclty. I downloadead a soure rpm, but it still doesnt work.... let me try installing jack again.