intel ipw2200 - windows drivers better than linux?

AleXxiO

i'm not sure i understand what you mean by:

those drivers can give me more space of wireless working than linux one

do you mean you can be further from the access point? admittedly i don't have much experience with wireless. what kind of modifications did you make to attempt to increase strength?

Your Windows drivers work better because Intel has alot invested into Microsoft's OS. I doubt they have even looked into writing their own drivers for Linux or the project has little support. The driver you are using under Linux is most likely written by somebody other than Intel, and thus would lacks some of the features that are found under Windows. The only suggestion that I could make is possibly looking into upgrading or changing the current driver you are using under Linux.

yes i mean i can be further from the ap...and windows drivers can read packets even at -82db while linux drivers don't...and i can't change on linux the sensitivity...on windows the drivers do that by default

I haven't had any problems with signal strength. In fact, sometimes I find myself connected to networks that I didn't even know were in range. When I scan for networks, I often find networks that aren't even visible in Windows. Wish you the best of luck, I have no complaints. :thumbs: