Hotmail Popper for Linux

ffi

The you have to find the popmail settings hotmail popper uses and fill that in kmail.

I´m sorry for not being totally clear but I don´t have a ¨hotmail popper¨ for Linux, I´m looking for an equivalent, preferably one which also has SMTP support and support for Yahoo as well but for Yahoo there´s Ypops.

(edit: I believe hotpop uses a script to login, retrieve and send mail from hotmail and then sends.recieves it to the local e-mail program as normal pop and smtp mail)

Edited by ffi

devries i think you are not on the same page as ffi. hotpopper is a windows application (if i understand it correctly). if it works like yahoopops, it reads the webmail interface of hotmail and brings up a pseudo smtp/pop3 server in the workstation to serve as an abstraction layer so that normal mail clients can use it to get and receive mail.

i would gather that the smtp/pop3 settings of hotpopper points to localhost so it would be moot to get those since they do not yet exist when ffi boots in linux (at least if the ports specified are not reserved for common applications). :)

ffi, please feel free to correct me if i am the one who misunderstoods.

ciao!

Not really an answer to your question but this is how I've setup my gmail account: Install sendmail (urpmi sendmail), start it (as root type: service sendmail start (this can take awhile)). In kmail, got to settings, options and create a new identity and fill in the gmail email adress (don't forget to put in a returnadress). Create a new 'receive acount' with the gmail pop settings. Create a new 'send' account with as transport 'sendmai'. Save settings. Open a new email, click on 'view' and check identity. Change the identity to the gmail adress and now you can sent an email that looks like it's coming from your gmail adress. If the receiver wants to send a return email it will be send to your gmail account.

You can do the same with hotmail and yahoo email adresses only kmail can not receive mail from these accounts because you don't have a pop account (however you can run kopete and add yahoo and msn accounts for your email adresses and get warnings when new mail arrives).

• 10 months later...
This might be what your looking for:

http://linux.cudeso.be/linuxdoc/gotmail.php

I have a confession to make - I have kidnapped his penguin. :D

Hmm, according to the infomation on the website I need "URI-CSPAN-module", but the link they gave is dead :sad: Anyone know from where can I gey it?