Firefox 1.5.1 Update [solved]

zachwor

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if Firefox 1.5 will automatically update itself much like it has for my Windows box. I'm running 10.2 and have installed 1.5 from the tarball on their site and not from an RPM if that matters.

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

Edited by zachwor

I really recommend using a Mandriva rpm anymore. I used to use the tarrballs and technically there should be no issue, but I have seen an increase in strarnge problems. Find the rpm for Mandriva. It will not automatically tell you, but you can check the site and then it will tell you.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if Firefox 1.5 will automatically update itself much like it has for my Windows box.  I'm running 10.2 and have installed 1.5 from the tarball on their site and not from an RPM if that matters.

yeah, It will auto update but only if you set the "autmatically update and install" option under the preferences advance tab.

I remember that mine had just autoupdate to 1.5.1 lastweek..

Edited by aioshin

Mine does not autoupdate itself although it is set in the preferences. And it doesn't autoupdate the extensions like AdBlockPlus and ForecastFox either.

I guess I will just install from the tarball on their website. It's not difficult at all, but a little more work than just waiting for the autupdate.