Dell Latitude

luke9511

the driver is a 48mb exe and its for the dell wireless wlan 1370 mini-pci card which in windows is the broadcom,im downloading it on linux now hopfully this will help :) also i did the ifconfig and the only things that show up are eth0 and lo

Edited by luke9511

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, hopefully you'll be able to extract the exe file without requiring Windows to do it. Try opening with ark once you've downloaded.

Once you've started to configure and install ndiswrapper, wlan0 should appear as a device.

You need to install your kernel-source. At the prompt type:

urpmi kernel-source

you'll get a list of about 3 kernel sources to install. Don't install the stripped or the other one, just install the one something like kernel-source.2.6.12.12 or along those lines.

The run the make command after this.

ok heres what i got,i guess i should just choose yes

You guessed wrong (urpmi too, most likely because the urpmi repositories are either incomplete, or outdated, or finally both of the above...).

Just update them ( say via easyurpmi ) before attempting anything!

kernel-source 2.4.27-something is totally irrelevant to your running kernel, just install the kernel-source package that matches your running kernel.

Edited by scarecrow

If you chose yes, remove the existing kernel source using:

urpme kernel-source

then, click easy-urpmi at the top of the page, and choose all options add them all, and try again.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Run this command on your machine:

[root@europa ian]# urpmq --list-media
Installation Free DVD (cdrom1)
plf-free
plf-nonfree
updates
main
contrib
jpackage

as you can see from the above, this is the media I have configured for my machine. Everything, except the "Installation Free DVD" is added using the easy-urpmi link at the top of this page.

sorry im having some small keyboard problems,i forgot to put that i have a burned copy of mandrake 10.1 official and it came with some other cds 2 with updates and i dont know what the other 6 are for,all i know is that they say contrib on them,also i did that command and it shows installation cd 1,installation 2 and installation cd 3