Install belkin F5D7010 820.11G wireless pcmcia

Arne

Hello Ian,

Thanks at least it encourage me to try that. After all I can risk a kernel crash since I reinstall 2006. The the chip used is the new rt2500 designed by Belkin.

Sourceforge have a project to develop a native linux driver for this card and have Beta3 out already. Unfortunately kernel 2.6.13 is not available for 2006.0 and that is the minimum requirement for this driver.

I will await any tip on this post. I not successful I will eventually try your approach.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number you need appears in the first column of that output - it's not in the ndiswrapper wiki list.

Try manually loading the win drivers from the CD, the worst that can happen is the kernel crashes and you'll need to reboot - hardly the end of the world.

Even embarrassing I must admit I cannot extract the files from the win driver on the CD-rom and I don't know which files to extract. I know it is one 'inf' file and the other one is 'sys'file.

I have 3 'exe' files and 2 'sys' files as follows

ar500enu.exe 8.4 MB

setup.exe 3.6MB

start.exe 3.2MB

Rt25009x.sys 206.8KB

Rt2500.sys 206.1KB

I have run 'ark'. The first time it obviously checked and created some links. The second time it replied with this in the end:

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/var/lib/menu-xdg/applications/Mandrakelinux/MoreApplications/Databases/kexi.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-kexiproject-sqlite'

KWrited - Listening on Device /dev/pts/2

[root@ast2 arne]# QMultiInputContext::changeInputMethod(): index=0, slave=xim.

When I open any of the file in krusader with ark it reports .....msdos-program...not supported archieve format....please choose the format for the file with default "7-Zip Archive"

Ok triggers this message: "The utility 7za is not in your PATH." What do I have to add to my path??????????????????

No man page is available. Google searches I have tried and this forum search do not reveal enough information for me to use ark. The package is installed as 'kdeutils-ark' and located on '/usr/lib/menu/kdeutils-ark'.

Can anybody help me please :wall:

As a guess, you can click in the drop down box where it mentions 7-zip archive, and choose an alternative one. That might help.

I've never tried to extract exe files with ark, but I would try this way and see how I got on.

Thanks for reply. My internet connection has been down 4 days again so sorry for late reply.

I have tried several other formats but the messages is the same:

"The utility XXXXX is not in your PATH."

I dont' know what to add to my path. Scarcrow wrote somewhere that "Ark" work fine as long as you have it in your path.

Since you don't use "Ark" what do you use?????

I always use ark, just never done it to extract files with. How big is the exe file?

If you have Windows, probably best to extract in here, and then copy the files across to Linux.

If you don't have Windows on a machine, feel free to email me the file, and I'll extract in Windows on my machine, copy to Linux and compress it with ark, and send it back so you can extract it normally. If it's too big to email no worries, just a thought to help you out.