New kde-3.5.1 by MDE

mmodem

However, there is one more -devel package I cannot remove -- liblua5-devel-5.0.2-7mdk.

# rpm -ev liblua5-devel

error: Failed dependencies:

liblua.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-12.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

liblualib.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-12.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

--

Thanks again - CarLash

Now you can remove liblua-devel without any probs, i have managed to fix libkdecore with an exceptions :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, there is one more -devel package I cannot remove -- liblua5-devel-5.0.2-7mdk.

# rpm -ev liblua5-devel

liblua.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-12.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

liblualib.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-12.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

--

Thanks again - CarLash

Now you can remove liblua-devel without any probs, i have managed to fix libkdecore with an exceptions :)

Today I did "urpmi --auto-select" and 28 packages were installed. However, I still get this:

# rpm -ev liblua5-devel

liblua.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-13.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

liblualib.so is needed by (installed) libkdecore4-3.5.1-13.mdk2006.0.mde.i586

I think I can live with this one devel package installed. Thanks again for your work making KDE 3.5.1 available.

CarLash

Guest justin_p

I am a Mandriva newby but 4 year linux user. I have to say that the system is great. I did the upgrade from 2006.0 , KDE 3.4.2 to 3.5.1 lastnight. Completely painless. I added the repo to urpmi, then logged into ICEwm. I opened up config>packaging>remove sotware to completely remove kde. I then went through the install software function to add the new versions. Everything worked. Thanks for the hardwork.

Just copy over the existing icon/wallpaper your desired one (keep the same filename).

If doing like you said the MDE icon or walpaper will be overwritten and we do not want to give instructions on how to change any thing in MDE, this was all changed in kde source code to prevent this kind of things and also changed the deault names.

And the instructions u told will not do what the other guy wants cause one thing is mandriva settings and other is mde settings that are done differently from how madriva does them.

Please DONT give more instructions on how to change MDE defaults (even being wrong instrutions), else im forced to reenforce how MDE defaults are set and certanly you dont want that...

Edited by mmodem

Whatever you wish.

p.s. I have removed and don't use standart k-menu through icon-click in KDE :P

p.p.s. He, who seeks, shall find anyway.

p.p.p.s. Why wrong? Works for me. Location may be different, but those are not really hidden like windblows system files.

----------

Here, took 30 seconds to find:

mde.jpg

else im forced to reenforce how MDE defaults are set and certanly you dont want that...

Oh, I've shit my pants now, so scared :ph34r:

One of the reasons I use Linux is that I can customise it to my needs and, if your background or icon doesn't blend in with my overall GUI style and colours, I won't use it.

Edited by solarian

Whatever you wish.

p.s. I have removed and don't use standart k-menu through icon-click in KDE :P

p.p.s. He, who seeks, shall find anyway.

p.p.p.s. Why wrong? Works for me. Location may be different, but those are not really hidden like windblows system files.

----------

Here, took 30 seconds to find:

Who said it was hidden?

else im forced to reenforce how MDE defaults are set and certanly you dont want that...

Oh, I've shit my pants now, so scared :ph34r:

Did i wanted to scare anyone?

Wich this kind of comments you have just gain support deny from now on to your questions.

You need to learn be more polite and have a litle more education.

One of the reasons I use Linux is that I can customise it to my needs and, if your background or icon doesn't blend in with my overall GUI style and colours, I won't use it.

Yes thats one the linus goodies but i asked to not instruct other users to change MDE settings, we had many work, spend many hours doing it, else we wouldnt do any MDE theme.

I will not change how icons and walpapers are set, all users can have like they want, but remember if things exist its because theres a reason.

Users are permitted to discuss what they want to discuss in this forum, within our set guidelines. You can respectfully request that users not discuss changing settings, but it is not your place to tell users of this forum what they can or can not discuss. It is the job of the administrators and moderators to police these forums according to the guidelines. And, if you want to get technical about it, your work is under the GPL, so users have a right to change it if they so choose.

Thank you.