help with scribus [solved]

solarian

Hello!

I'm a bit embarrassed of this simple question, but I've been battling the damned program for many hours now,

and can not seem to find how to set that my whole document has a black background and it stays black upon exporting as a .pdf.

I even read the official help files, but of no use. :help:

I have Scribus 1.3.0 now

Thanks!

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

It should work with Scribus like any other layout program. Create a black box that is bigger than the page you are creating (This overprint technique allows you later to cut pages down to a certain size without having white flash-lines at the borders (if you want to)). Then place all other objects above that black layer. Finally, group all objects and export the file. It should basically work (It works this way in Quark-Xpress, InDesign, Illustrator and other apps, too).

The first thing you need to keep in mind when working with layout programs is that almost everything you learned in e.g. Word, Works, OOo and other Office apps will not help you at all when using Layout-programs like Scribus or Quark. It is a totally different approach. Once you start to think in "word"-categories, you will get lost. The learning curve can be quite steep for newcomers to layout-apps, but once you know the trick, the apps are easy to use and in many cases much faster and more functional.