Cooker Torrent Files?

sjaglin

Hi There,

Sorry for my lack of efficiency this morning (uk) but I can't find the torrents files for the isos of thr 3 CDs to install Cooker on my spare PC and play around with it. I went on the wiki and all the links seem to be dead end, If anyone has the torrents file ready, that would save me a lot of time and possibly could install it today (stuck at home waiting for a delivery!).

Thanks!

:wall:

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

I don't believe they are Cooker torrents, for the simple reason Cooker is a rolling release and changes every day.

Do you mean torrents of the last Mandriva beta which was out some one month ago?

Best way to install Cooker is a netinstall, IMHO. You will need just the 15 MB minimal ISO- if your network gets up and running then you are fine.

The minimal "boot.iso" can be obtained via any mandriva mirror- it can be found into (if you have the default i586 architecture) /devel/cooker/i586/install/images

If your router is set as a DHCP server, and the connection to the PC is ethernet, then you do need to know anything at all- the installer will find the DHCP server, set the box as client, and connect to the net.

For avoiding poor performance while downloading, if you have another computer on the LAN connect to the router's web interface while you are in the first steps of installing, and put the Cooker-to-be computer in the router's DMZ (temporarily). This will ensure maximal download speeds without any firewall tuning at all.