How do I get Thunderbird to open from Firefox?

Red Knuckles

Does that one help? (it's in French, but easy to understand). Just be a bit careful wehre are absolute binary locations.

Texstar has packed those scripts in PClinuxos in two RPM's ( firefox2thunderbird, thunderbird2firefox ) which may or may not work in Mandriva- you could give them a try if you like, but folowing the above remedy is simple enough...

Another soution is installing the modded MozEx extension (its for Firefox, but I've been told it also works in Thunderbird).

Good luck.

Edited by scarecrow

I haven't been able to figure this out yet. I don't understand the French site enough to do anything with it. MozEx from Mozilla/Extensions won't install. It states that it is incompatible with my version of Firefox [1.0.6]. Which brings up isn't that a fairly old version of Firefox? How do I upgrade to Firefox 1.5 or even 1.0.7? :wall:

An updated Mandrive 1.0.6 is the same as 1.0.7. The Mandriva package is called 1.0.6, but don't let that mislead you. All Firefox versions from 1.0.2 are security patches and all patches are in the Mandriva updates. For 1.5 you'll have to get the packages from Firefox. There are a lot of threads here on how to do it. Also the instructions on the Firefox site are pretty good. For what it's worth I use 1.5 and 1.0.7 and while 1.5 is quicker for some things for my use 1.0.7 is just as good.