Hdd in raw Format

Guest josivansouza

Guest josivansouza

Hi am with a serious problem and I am sad

I was using Mandrake 10,1 and was to explore the tool of the Localdrake, and in partitions, I invented to modify some things, (less to erase or to format) in the Hdb1 unit that is the other Hd, therefore it he was not recognizing, he was only recognizing the Hda1 and hada2, only that for my misfortune, when trying to open the unit (f) that is the other hd, leaves an acknowledgment that the unit was not formatted and asks if desire to make.

Before it was in FAT32 now is in format RAW.

How I make to convert without losing no file?

What it can have occurred? He does not exclude, I did not erase, I did not format, and now it does not recognize, I has many archives there that I can not lose. important photos, videos, Mp3, documents, etc?

E everything this because of my curiosity, since I am beginning in Linux.

Please! it will be that if I to format the other hd, to reinstall the Windows, and in the other partition, to reinstall the Mandrake, the things will come back to the normal one?

It will be that these alterations were not because of the Linux?

Already I tested the following paid programs :

Recovery My Files

Easy Recovery Pro

Stellar Phoenix, but the archives beyond turn its its names, come corrupted.

It has some that really brings everything in return in the complete one?

What programs will be able to use to recoup these data?

it is as if it was a partition that finishes to be created and was not formatted.

Please, this is very important pra me!

Sorry, i don't speak english very well, and the translation was made with Systransoft.com

Two questions:

1. Is it a dual boot (Windows / Mandriva ) system?

2. How big is that FAT32 partition? Any chance it is bigger than 32 GB?

In general, and although we use Linux here, the best data recovery software I have met so far is for windows + called GetDataBack. Has both NTFS and FAT versions, and is working quite well.

In any case, since the FAT(32) filesystem has no recovery journal, be prepared to lose data- not necessarily all of them, but quite a bit...

I am certainly no expert, and most people on here know far more than i'll ever know - but if i have trouble accessing files/partitions, i'd drop in Knoppix. You just 'might' be able to see some of your files which you could then burn onto cd....

This may not help at all, but it's a no cost option which has helped me in the past.

I wish you luck whichever route you take.

al

Guest josivansouza

Hi!

It1s Dual Boot, Mandrake 10.1( Now Mandriva) and Windows.

My Hdd has 30gb ( fat32) after the changes, now Raw format.

I 'll try the software for recover my files!

Thank you!

Ok, good luck- but a few things you must have in mind:

- You shouldn't trust FAT32, or any filesystem which doesn't have a recovery journal.

- You shouldn't use advanced mount settings, if unsure of what they actually accomplish.

- If using FAT32 filesystem, then try not using exhessively large storage area as a single partition.