mandrake 9.0 - mouse sensibility - dial up - /mnt

Guest kaioo

hi everybody :)

I just installed Mandrake 9.0 (Download Version) and I am very very positivley surprised, best Linux distribution my desktop ever saw :) But I still have some questions for the experts:

Is there a way to increase the mouse sensibility not over the KDE Control Panel ( I am using KDE3), because I have the feeling that the moving is a little bit too abrupt, is there a way to smooth it? ( I've got a Logitech MX 500, so I think the hardware is not the prob - because under Windows there was no prob)

Second, it seems that Konqueror and several other programs are connecting to the Internet every time I open them, is there a way to stop that? I've no flatrate so it would become pretty expensive this way :(

Third and last Konqueror is crashing everytime I open the directory /mnt to connect to my windows partitions, how can I prevent that? Even with xmms as soon as I open /mnt the window crashes.. Anybody knows an answer to this?

Thank you very very much for your help in advance =)

best regards,

Felix

i had konqueror crashing in /mnt in 8.2 but only the first time... as a workaround im only clicking on the "mnt" folder and then moving the mouse to the right window where the files would be shown... this prevents konqeror from crashing. never had that prob with xmms

Hi there :)

Mouse problem is solved, thank you very much =)

There are no error logs concerning that /mnt directory in my /var/log/kernel/*

This is what my fstab is like:

/dev/hda5 / reiserfs notail 1 1

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

/dev/hda1 /mnt/nt ntfs iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0

/dev/hda2 /mnt/nt2 ntfs iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0

/dev/hdd1 /mnt/nt3 ntfs user,iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0

//goten/webserver /mnt/webserver smbfs user,username=% 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0

you mean the problem is mounting that ntfs / nt drives, right?

Couldn't it be a Konqueror problem, as I am able to browse these partitions perfectly with nautilus.. No problem in reading, copying, creating. I didn't find a page concerning nt/nts - Konqueror do you know any? But thanks for your help anyways :)