What's included in 2005LE mini & 2006 mini?

Arne

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reply, scarecrow,

After installing 2005LE the "8139cp" don't show up in 'lsmod' so this is out of the way already.

Just a pity it doen't help.

messages report many times timeout for eth0 same as mentioned above in one of my erlier post's on this tread.

Any other tips?

I've been having a think, and I really can't think of why you're having the problem.

It was working before perfectly? I think you mentioned before you were using 10.1 Official?

I'm really out of ideas on this one. When you put LE2005 on it, did you disable the apic as before, but no result in fixing the problem?

I suppose what you could do, since it's quite an old machine anyway, would be to do a minimal installation of 10.1 Official on this, and run with that instead of the full blown KDE that you had on it originally.

I know this is not an ideal solution, but everything did work fine with 10.1 from your first post I believe, just a little slowly because of KDE. It just seems something is amiss with anything from LE2005 and higher.

Is there any particular reason for wanting LE2005 or 2006 running on this machine?

I have been thinking and reading also.

Let me first explain:

My notebook had Internet connection trough a crossover Ethernet cable to my desktop which at the time run only XP. The desktop had pcmcia wireless card trough a pcmcia adapter which in many ways work as a dial-up modem except it's faster (started as a "pppd" trough a script). The desktop shared Internet connection with the notebook. I also had file- and printer sharing. The network was static.

In the next step I installed 2006 Power Pack in dual boot on my desktop. When done the notebook had no Internet connection or file- and printer sharing when booting desktop to linux. When booting to XP the notebook lost all contact with the desktop.

Then I got ADSL high speed Internet trough my new phone line. ADSL Router go to switch's and then to Notebook and Desktop with Ethernet cables.

Status now is: Internet works perfect both in XP and linux on my dual boot desktop. On the notebook when I boot Puppy Linux live 1.07 and enter RT8139too driver and DHCP the internet connection is OK. When I boot mandriva 2005 Mini or free or 2006 Mini or Free I cannot get Internet connection. The router, desktop and notebook is set to DHCP,

I believe

the reason is I have not configured the LAN properly.

Reading the pinned Howto in 'Networking tread' tells me to setup static LAN and let the notebook use the desktop activated 'shared internet connection'.

I have been playing around a lot to get the network going. I have downloaded a lot of server software and like to do cleanup. According to the Howto above it is not needed. Can anyone tell me what to delete???????

Then I will configure the network.

I will report back on a new post under networking since now this is the right place

Edited by Arne