DVD burner

johnz

:D I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105 (1-4x), now when a blank DVD is loaded into this drive k3b does'nt open automatically like when a blank CD is loaded.

Then i try to write some mp3's to the DVD with k3b and again it does'nt recognise the DVD in the drive.

The DVD's are just the standard RW 120min 4.7GB recordables that you get from the stores, my goal is to burn an avi to the DVD's but at the moment cant even burn an mp3 file,

Do you know if i need to install anything or know whats up?

you may need to install dvdrwtools (or a similarly named package), as it may not be part of the default install of mandriva. i can't verify this, but it would be the best first step to check on. use the install programs tool in mandriva control center.

Could it be a problem with it being a Pioneer?? I just bought a LiteOn DVD burner Sunday and K3B recognized when I put a DVD-R in it. Only problem I had was that, just for pratice, I tried to copy my Mandiva LE 2005 PowerPack DVD and it wouldn't copy because I was out of room on the DVD. But I installed all the DVD software in windows 98 and I copied that same DVD with no problems.

Later. Pepse.

:D Thanks to you all for the quick replies, really appreciated. One of the best things about linux is solving matters don't you think?

Any chance you are feeding it wrong media?

105 was one of the last drives that supported only minus media - DVD-R(W), so it won't work with DVD+R(W) media.

:woops: