Help installing 2006.1 beta3 via urpmi

Guest registering

Guest registering

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my 2006 MDV system with the packages from 2006.1 beta3 via urpmi and am not having any luck. I'm trying:

urpmi.addmedia cooker-snapshot-2006.1 ftp://mandrake.contactel.cz/devel/iso/2006.1/

but get

...retrieving failed: curl: (9) FTP: access denied

ftp://mandrake.contactel.cz/devel/iso/2006.1/hdlist.cz

I assume I need a login ID and password but can't find what they're supposed to be. I've tried other sites. I've looked here with no luck:

http://manu.agat.net/mandrake/mirrors_state.html

Any ideas? Can I upgrade my 2006 to the 2006.1 0.3 via urpmi? I'd prefer to not simply add cooker and upgrade everything, I'd prefer to stick to only those in the cooker snapshot. As you can probably tell, I've never used cooker before. :)

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Guest registering

Hi all, thanks for the tips. I tried other URLs but they all gave me the same error: the specific URL I cited in the example I got from some website after trying a few at MDV's "status of cooker websites" webpage. I tried the easyurpmi website, but they only produce URL paths to 2006.0, not the 2006.1 beta3 (as far as I could tell, I'll try options other than "cooker"). I'll reread the cooker howto, thanks.

For urpmi you ned to use cooker to update, otherwise download the isos and burn them. Then boot from the first and when it asks choose an upgrade. But remember that in order to update packages you will need to use the cooker packages. You can be sure that the beta will be buggy and you will have to keep it current.