Tv-out image position...

TheCrizu

I have now succesfully configured my GeForce FX5200 tv-out to work,and i noticed,that image position in TV would need a slight adjusting,like moving it 2 inches to the right.

I am convinced,that it CAN be done,but i would need a right direction pointed,on how to proceed.

I use "nvidia-setting",and "Yanc" to configure Xorg.conf file.

I had some googling on the subject,and checked nvforum,and this forum too,but i did not found anything applicable.(For linux).

I checked nvidia´s xorg README,but i did not find any "switch" or "option" for that.

Can i use something like setting a exact refresh rate for tv-out,instead of "range"? -that would affect on image position...

I have mandriva2006,nvidia driver is 7676.

Yes,i tried that,it would not move the image position,but zooming it.If i,for example,zoom it so that whole image is seen,there would be black bars around it,and wider bar in the right,than in the left.and that is the problem.If i could center it somehow,then i would zoom it to cover the full screen.

How it is done in hardware level anyway? I mean,since those M$Win drivers are having this option,it can be done?

I remember in those ancient days,(-99) when i first tried linux,and have this problem with my main monitor,because it was a cheap svga without much of options,there was program called "xvidtune",and it did this by modifying vertical and horizontal refresh rates...