Trying to install XMAME .102

Guest musiclvr66

Guest musiclvr66

I am a somewhat newbie to linux, but here is my problem. I am trying to install XMAME .102 on my system. When i do a "rpm --rebuild' on the source, I get the following error message:

Mesa-common-devel is needed by xmame-0.102-0.1.102plf

So, I download Mesa-common-devel-3.4.2-2mdk.i586.rpm, but when I clicked on the package to install it, I get the following error message:

Some package requested cannot be installed:

Mesa-common-devel-3.4.2-2mdk.i586.rpm (due to unsatisfied Mesa-common[== 3.4.2])

Any ideas on what this error message means? I am kind of lost as to what to do next. BTW, I am running Mandriva 2005 LE.

Dave.

Click on the 'Easy-Urpmi' link on the top right of any page in this forum. Follow the directions carefully, and be sure to add the sources for 2005LE main, contrib, plf-free, plf-nonfree and updates. When you have your online sources properly setup try installing XMAME again. It should work by simply opening a terminal, 'su' to become root, and typing:

# urpmi -v XMAME

With that command, urpmi will automagically download the latest available version of XMAME for 2005LE, grab any other packages like Mesa necessary to satify dependencies and install everything in the proper order. Post back here if you have any questions or problems. Be sure to include any error messages.