Browser Benchmarking

ilia_kr

I had a read, and it said that Firefox faired better on Linux, as it was optimised for Linux apparently.

Still, the times in the tables are bizarre, and he said he used beta versions, which could explain if he encountered speed problems.

I didn't read it all but it would depend what the site was optimized for also.

I held off firefox a long time because Opera was way faster but now I have no complaints and i have a 22Mbit line.

The way they render is also different... when I just opened http://www.ratp.fr/ since Im checking my route to visit parents it was simply a flash and its there .. a small pause while the whole screen rendered but all the images at once. If it had started caching images before drawing it would have taken the same time but the instant flash would have been a series of appearances. When its a fast site the former seems faster and when its a slow site then the latter!

All this talk of speed and seconds makes my head twirl. Honestly, I use firefox because it suits my needs. I've been aware of Opera's superiority for some time, I just don't like it as a browser - personal preference I suppose.