problems with k3b mandriva 2005 le

Guest goathunter

Guest goathunter

Hello everyone.

I am using I am using mandriva 2005 le. kernel 2.6.11-6mdk

I have been using k3b no probs. Then today i go to back up my data onto a dvd and it won't work. I click burn as usual and then i get ':-( write failed: Input/output error' and below it 'fatal error at startup input/output error'

I get the same thing with different dvd-r and dvd-rw Its weird as it was working fine last time and I haven't changed anything.

I clicked show debugging output and this is what it gave me

'Devices

-----------------------

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621 S2.9 (/dev/hdd, ) at /mnt/cdrom2 [CD-ROM; DVD-ROM] [DVD-ROM; CD-ROM] [None]

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U US06 (/dev/hdc, ) at /mnt/cdrom [CD-R; CD-RW; CD-ROM; DVD-ROM; DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+R; DVD+RW] [DVD-ROM; DVD-R Sequential; DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite; DVD-RW Sequential; DVD+RW; DVD+R; DVD+R Double Layer; CD-ROM; CD-R; CD-RW] [sAO; TAO; RAW; SAO/R16; RAW/R96P; RAW/R96R]

System

-----------------------

K3b Version: 0.11.20

KDE Version: 3.3.2

QT Version: 3.3.4

Kernel: 2.6.11-6mdk

growisofs

-----------------------

/usr/bin/mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - My Pictures/BS/

:-( write failed: Input/output error

growisofs comand:

-----------------------

/usr/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/hdc -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=dao -dvd-compat -speed=2 -gui -graft-points -volid K3b data project -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR VERSION 0.11.20 © 2003 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer K3b - Version 0.11.20 -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-marcus/k3bmhUP1b.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-marcus/k3bypZz0a.tmp -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-marcus/k3baBcCYa.tmp

'

I have tried burning cds as well and they start burning but crash halfway through. As with the dvd's its only started happening today.

I have tried logging on as root and burning but get the same results.

I have rebooted the computer, no luck there either.

Also tried burning with nautilis and also got input/output error

Interestingly enough the burner still reads fine so am I correct in thinking this a software problem?

Can anyone please help with this?

Makes it a bit hard to upgrade my distro if I can't backup my data.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Guest goathunter
/usr/bin/mkisofs: No such file or directory.

Looks like that file is missing. Install the mkisof rpm package again.

I opened up konquorer and the file /usr/bin/mkisofs is there.

Maybe it could be a broken file or something? (I'm not sure on the proper terminology)

I did a google to find a replacement mkisofs rpm to download but all I found was broken links. So still looking.

Cheers

I have similar problem. When my mandriva have been several days up and running I cannot burn DVD's. I got some error. Then I just restart CPU and everything works just ok. This is strange but I can live with that. If I remember correctly that error: Power calibration error.... or something like that, cant really remember.