Root or User in firefox, How to change?

jmr0311

I need a big favor from you guys. I need to figure out how to fix this problem and this is the story behind it.

Apparently when I download Firefox the last time, I was log in as root because the only way I can load firefox now is under root rights by creating a new profile everytime. When the profile manager window shows I choose to create a new profile but the problems is that the directory where the profile is being storage is this one;

/root/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxx.default

This presents a problem because if I want to run firefox as a regular user, he is not going to be able to retrieve the profile because it doesn't have permission.

Everytime I try to run firefox as a regular user, this is the message I get,

Firefox is already running but is not responding.To open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process or restart your computer.

Any help guys is very welcome, Please help me with firefox.

Jose

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

Have you checked if changing the file/folder preferences helps? e.g. adding the read/write options for normal users in that directory? (I know, not really recommended, but maybe worth a shot). The easiest fix and best solution would be however to reinstall it in your /home folder.