Hello again, I was hoping someone could help me. I am a noob so please be

nice!! :)

I use MS Money fairly extensively, and have about 5

years worth of data that I would like to retain. I have tried to

install it after setting up wine (and installing IE6 with help from

'Sidenet')

I am getting no-where fast. Has anyone got any of the above Money

versions working with Wine (preferably on a version of Mandriva) and,

if so, what are the steps taken to get it working?

Also, how can I provide more information in order to ascertain where

the install is falling over?

Thanks in advance!

I presume you've tried to install it using the setup.exe from the installation CD of Money?

If not, sometimes setup installations don't work, so what I ended up doing was copying the directory from the existing Windows installation, into the same location under wine.

Eg, if money was in C:\Program Files\MSMoney2002, then it would have to exist under Program Files for wine as well and in MSMoney2002.

You might find if you copy it, that it will complain missing dll, etc, etc. just copy them to your wine windows\system directory and you should be sorted hopefully.

Maybe an alternative would be to import it into a Money Manager under Linux, although I don't know the name of any.

What I have done exactly is open a terminal, login as SU, navigate to the money folder and type wine setup.exe - I get a few of the installation screens, and then it finishes saying install was finished un-expectedly (or something along those lines)

Anyway, I'll try your suggestion and copy the dirs accross to the wine install. The only question I have there is what about registry entries?

I have tried looking at some linux based aps - ie. GNUcash & Grisbi - but havent found them to be what I need.

I am also experiencing problems navigating to the 'My Documents' & 'Program Files" folders in my wine installation through a terminal window "Konsole" I believe its something to do with the space?? which makes it difficult to enter the wine money.exe command from the install dir...

Edited by kobalt

To navigate directories type cd "My Documents" in quotes, to sort the space out.

Excellent! getting a bit closer :)

ok, I navigate to the "Microsoft Money>System" Folder and type wine msmoney.exe - following are errors generated:

fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {2e53a0a1-cfc9-11d4-8c9c-0050dad32d95} not registered

err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {2e53a0a1-cfc9-11d4-8c9c-0050dad32d95} could be created for for context 0x1